2018 Governor Stable Bouldering Fundraiser and Competition
GS EVENT DETAILS
Preregistration closed on December 1st, 2018. We will still have day of registration to continue our fundraising efforts, but you will not be able to receive a t-shirt or burrito. Day of registration will make you eligible for the many prizes and raffles.
This is our 12th year for holding this GS Fundraiser. The event will be held at Conoy Township Park, Elizabethtown, PA on Saturday, December 15th, 2018. Registration starts at 8am, climbing will be from 9am-3pm, and awards at 4pm. The rain date will be the following day on the 16th.
Don’t feel pressured to be competitive, just come out and climb with our great community while celebrating GS. All proceeds go to paying for the lease and insurance at GS. With your support, we are able to open this private land for public recreation. Once we raise enough funds, GS will be open from December 15th, 2018 to August 31st, 2019. Thank you!
-The SCPC Team
2018 GS COMP UPDATE AS OF 12/10/18
1. Thanks to all that Pre-Registered! If you missed it, we will have Day Of Registration, but you will not receive a t-shirt or burrito.
2. We are hoping for the best of weather for this weekend, but PA does have a tendency to get lots of precipitation. We will make our decision about running the comp on Thursday when we get a more accurate weather report. The rain date is Sunday, the 16th. We will post details about running or postponing on our SCPC Facebook and Instagram accounts.
3. SCPC WAIVER. Print out the waiver and bring it with you. If you are a minor, your parent or guardian must sign this and you need to bring it with you. Link to waiver: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vcQ8iuY7H1VKJq4B4_OKEY0bhAUevNNS
4. Below is a link for the 2018 GS COMP MINI GUIDE. Feel free to print it out or just use it on your phone at the event. Link to mini guide: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sZHsiQcmwujdHVXo-pcqOksMlYSghjqv
5. Last, huge shout out to our SCPC friends who helped prep trails and tag boulders for this weekend's event. Many hands make light work and our community involvement is growing. Thank you to Adam Hartman, Paul Chrastina, Steve Price, Gus Laffey, Noah Beck, Jess King, Sean Hoffecker, Tom Rowan, and Callun Rowan!
2018 GS COMP UPDATE AS OF 12/13/18
The 2018 GS Fundraiser and Competition is POSTPONED to Sunday, December 16th, 2018.
As you all can see from the weather reports, it's looking pretty grim for this event. 😞 We are hoping the report will clear and we can climb on Sunday.
Stay tuned through our Facebook and Instagram for updates tomorrow evening. We will look at the reports again and see if Sunday will be possible. Thank you for your support and understanding!
2018 GS COMP UPDATE AS OF 12/14/18
GS COMP CANCELLED. With almost 2 inches of rain coming to PA for the weekend, we have no choice but to cancel for this weekend. The Comp is rescheduled for Saturday, January 5th (rain date will be the 6th). We hope you all can make it on the 5th. The shirts, burritos, prizes, and boulders will be awaiting your arrival. Go to scpclimbers.org for more details. Thank you for your understanding and Happy Holidays from SCPC! (please share this post with the climbing community to get the word out. Thanks!)
2018 GS COMP UPDATE AS OF 1/4/19
COMP IS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, JANUARY 6th!
8am: Pre-registration Check in and Day of Registration $25 (No Tee or Burrito)
8am - 9am: Raffle (bring cash) and Announcements
9am - 3pm: Climbing
3pm - 4pm: Burritos (any unclaimed Burrito’s will be sold for $5 cash) and Raffle (bring cash)
4pm: Awards and Announcements
2018 GS COMP UPDATE AS OF 1/5/19
COMP IS ON tomorrow! Here is how to BE PREPARED for the GS Comp, on Sunday, Jan 6th!
1. SCPC Waiver (signed by parent if minor)
2. GS Comp Mini Guide (printed, or on phone, or GS App)
3. High boots or mud boots (trust us, you’ll need them!)
4. Small Tarp (keep your pad clean)
5. Crash Pad (preferably Organic)
6. Slider / starter mat (preferably Organic)
7. Climbing Shoes (one or two pairs?)
8. Small towel (to dry shoes off)
9. Chalk bag or bucket (preferably Organic, yup)
10. Brushes (boars hair preferred)
11. Water (2 liters or more, hydrate)
12. Snacks (stay energized)
13. Cash (for raffles or extra burritos $5)
14. Credit Card and ID (for a new SCPC T-shirt $20 and sticker $1)
15. Trash Bag (for muddy boots after)
16. Clean Shoes (for after comp)
17. Bouldering Bag (for items to prevent the yard sale)
18. Stoke for a awesome day of climbing with a great community!